The leaves are falling and the mornings are beginning to frost. It’s the time of year to wrap up warm and huddle by radiators. However, we have a better way of keeping out the cold: an energising cup of coffee. Of course, it wouldn’t be Autumn without the infamous Pumpkin Spice Latte.
- 2 cups milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree (canned or home-made)
- 1 to 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, plus more for serving
- 1/2 cup strong hot coffee (we recommend Colombia Huila)
- Whipped cream, for serving
This makes two cup of pumpkin spice latte, so be sure to share one with a friend.
- Add milk, pumpkin puree, and sugar to a saucepan over medium heat.
- Heat until hot, but do not boil.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and whisk in the vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, and the coffee.
- Divide the mixture between two mugs.
- Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice.
(Of course, you can always cheat and add Pumpkin Spice Syrup to your morning coffee…)